I Want Me Some Battosai! - A First Look at Rurouni Kenshin Live Action

12/03/2011

Kenshin and Kori/Kaoru, Live action version
[Photo Credit: Tokyo Hive]

If you didn't watch Samurai X when you were a child, you've missed a huge part of your childhood! 

Of course, I'm exaggerating. But seriously, Samurai X (Rurouni Kenshin) is one of the best animes ever created. I remember swooning at Kenshin Himura's cute smile and giggling at the romantic scenes between him and Kori/Kaoru. <3 

There's been a buzz over the web about the upcoming live version of this well-loved anime. I usually hate live action films since they fail to give justice to the original series, not to mention the weird interpretations of cartoon characters as human beings. But I must say that this live action series is actually promising. They've released some promotional pictures of the live action film and we get to have our first look of the much awaited Kenshin Himura as a person. And I say, look at him! :) Isn't he perfect for the part or what???

Takeru Sato as Kenshin Himura
[Photo Credit: Tokyo Hive]
Kenshin is played by the popular actor Takeru Sato. I don't really know him and I haven't seen any of his movies/shows but this still from the movie is more than what I could ever hope for as a real life interpretation of the famous battosai! :) 

The movie will be released next year, on my birthday month, August! Now, there's something to look forward to. ^_^ 

Comprising the casts are Takei Emi as Kamiya Kaoru; Aoi Yu as Takani Megumi; Aoki Munetaka as Sagara Sanosuke; and Tanaka Taketo as Myojin Yahiko (I know him as Yoshi). I can't wait to know who they casted as Makamichi Misao.

 Takei Emi as Kamiya Kaoru/Kori[Photo Credit: Tokyo Hive]
Aoi Yu as Takani Megumi
[Photo Credit: Tokyo Hive]

Aoki Munetaka as Sagara Sanosuke[Photo Credit: Tokyo Hive]


Tanaka Taketo as Myojin Yahiko/Yoshi
[Photo Credit: Tokyo Hive]



You Might Also Like

0 comments